Tuesday 9 September 2014

When is a hate page, not a hate page?

My favourite TV cookery programs are anything with Nigella Lawson, Ina Garten and my latest cooking crush, Ree Drummond, aka the Pioneer Woman.  I like her friendly, accessible style of presenting and pragmatic approach in the kitchen.

Whilst googling around to find more information about her books which aren't that readily available in the UK, I found a site that's all about 'telling the truth about the Pioneer Woman' and how awful she is.  That's the sole purpose of the site.  Someone has spent time, effort and some cash to register the domain to do this.  Now, I appreciate that she might not be everyone's cup of tea - or iced coffee in her case, but to take it to this extreme seems rather sad and bitter to me.  You don't like her shows?  Moooooove along, there's plenty more to see.

Fortunately though it's not a hate site.  Phew, that's a relief.  How do I know this?  How do I know that this site, solely dedicated to snide personal remarks and negativity isn't a hate site?  Well, because the author of the site says it's not.  So that's ok then.  In other news, chocolate isn't fattening, the word nigger isn't racist and the sky is a fabulous shade of cerise.  I said so, so it must be true.

In other kitchen news, it's been a quiet one.  It's too early to do much for the weekend dinner yet and I really can't justify baking anything more (things will change when I get my chest freezer I can tell you).  All I've done is grate loads of cheese (cheddar and grano padano) and put away the big shop.  Tomorrow is garlic butter and having a go at making these little beauties.  I'm planning to bake off 3 or 4 from the mix to see if they work, and if they do I'll be baking the rest on Saturday and tossing them in garlic and oregano butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment