Tuesday 19 April 2011

Great news

After being told last June that my job was going to be cut, and having been through a 90 day consultation process, changes, missed launch dates for revised plans, the new consultation was issued yesterday and my post is safe! I know with the current state of the NHS this is a minor win in the battle rather than a major victory but it feels so good. It was very unexpected, the message about my job had been consistent all the way through - there would be no Programme Manager post in any of the scenarios they were considering.

I drove home last night with my music blaring in the car (Florence and the Machine - Dog Days are over seemed very apt) and the windows down, and, after a bit of celebratory tea and toast - I know how to live, started doing a layout for the first time in ages.

And I can't wait to get home tonight to finish it off! It's taking a while to sink in about the job, hoping it does soon and I can get a good night's sleep.

Long weekend coming, dinner with the family on Monday, then a short week and then Claire's house warming party on the 29th. Things are looking shiny :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh great great news - I expect you'll feel better all around; that sort of long process weighs on you in ways that you don't even notice. Happy Spring!!

    ReplyDelete