Saturday 26 December 2009

No longer dreaming of a White Christmas

This blog comes to you from the snowy lands of Colorado, Broomfield to be precise just outside of Denver where I've just had my first white Christmas in recent memory. It's been lovely just chilling out here, spending time with family, having a much greater choice of gluten free foods and fantastic shopping.

I also picked up my Cricut which I got in the Black Friday sales here. For anyone who doesn't know, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, when Christmas shopping starts in earnest and there are huge sales on, probably bigger than the UK New Years sales. I was lucky and managed to get it for only $75, about £50, and this is my first, very simple project created with it.




I did bring some scrapping tools with me, but it's never the same as having your full stash and I've found I'm not really good at planning in advance what I'm going to need, which meant this had to be very simple.

This is my favourite picture so far:

But will post more of the drive up into the Rocky Mountains soon, especially the ones of the Elk herd we saw.

Unfortunately I had some very sad news. My lovely friend Jill, wife of Phil, lost her battle with cancer a few days after Christmas. It was very quick, which meant she didn't suffer any more than she had already, and also meant she died with dignity, at home, in the arms of the man she loved with all her heart with her Sister present. She is missed.

Hoping you've all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year. Remember to cherish your loved ones, tell them you adore them, hold them and don't waste a moment of your time with them.

1 comment:

  1. Jill valued your friendship highly (as do I), and you and I are blessed to have been loved by her.

    ReplyDelete